Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kleine Entwicklungen / Small developments

The little things always seem to be the most exciting. Yesterday evening proved to be especially satisfying, particularly after a few days of minor frustrations in the process of settling in. I now finally have a new SIM card for calling the US. The number is +49 (0) 1577-5768791. If you're calling from outside Germany, the 0 in parentheses is unnecessary. Generally, you can dial 011-49-, and then the rest of the number.

I am currently on a mini-project to try all the Doener places in the town of Marburg. Doeners, by the way, are a type of Turkish sandwich consisting of sliced kebab meat that is marinated and then roasted on a vertical spit. Lettuce, red cabbage, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and bell peppers are the typical additions to this delicious chunk of Turkish-German fast food goodness. Anyway, thus far, I've tried 3 Doener places, and they are all fairly good. There are at least 3 more to try. After circling all of the places here, I will have to go back and try to the other items on the menu. More on this undertaking later... =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you certainly have no shortage of protein! your next mission: the epic(urean) quest for fiber!
congrats on starting your life in deutschland! and all my sentences end in exclamation marks! ! !!!!!