How did terrorist recently become synonymous with Islamist terrorist? This guy is a terrorist if I've ever seen one. You don't go gunning down unarmed doctors who are trying to save lives, even if you disagree and think he's taking them.
The fact that the animal facility is hidden on campus here goes to show the extraordinary measures that are often needed to protect researchers and their work from the wrath and craze of animal "activists." I think the Dept. of Homeland Security better get on this if they're actually handling terrorism claims. And don't get me started on Timothy McVeigh & co. - ignored because everyone was too busy looking for bearded, fundamentalist Middle Eastern guys and not paying attention to anything else. And because he's blond and American? Just called a criminal and maybe a crazy, but definitely not a terrorist. And if the KKK doesn't qualify as some of the worst terrorists in history, then I don't know what would. Not only did they manage psychologically strike terror in the hearts of just about everyone who didn't look like or agree with them, but also to have the capabilities to actually physically overpower citizens not highly valued by the law.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally agree! On a similar vein, I think we should also think about the idea that "One man's revolutionary is another man's terrorist."
Post a Comment