I am getting more and more fed up with Elizabeth Edwards. Yes, whatever happens within a marriage is between the two people (and often the families) involved, but this is no longer the case with a very public and political couple entrenched in a very ugly and public cheating affair.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/26/elizabeth-edwards-marriage-is-a-great-love-story/
I don't care if she still thinks she loves him because she clearly doesn't love herself. She is setting a wonderful example for all our children by saying that cheating is a small matter. Until people start dumping their partners for such egregious behavior, it will never stop. Elizabeth Edwards needs to grow up, have some self-respect and some appropriate anger (instead of going around crying and throwing up in the bathroom), and leave John's sorry ass. She'd be better off without him, and ok, maybe he'd get what he wants because he'd then be completely free to pursue this other winner of a woman, but it's about time someone besides Mark Sanford's wife shows the world that a cheating politician husband's behavior cannot be condoned just because of his powerful status.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hm, I actually have to say, I can definitely understand her position. Although it would be nice if cheating men were punished for their actions, I don't think that teaching this lesson is any wife's responsibility. She should do what's best for her and her family. And, in that case, I must say I can completely understand why she would stay with him. Have you seen The Good Wife? It's about just this situation.
Post a Comment