Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flatlining

One of the things I've come to realize about myself is that I both love and hate being in relationships. I hate watching my own emotions rollercoastering - missing someone when they're not there, being really excited to see them (that's fun though), and then the ultimate withdrawal symptoms that occur after the fact like trying to get off some potent drug. Maybe I like stability - stability in my emotions. In that sense I like being single, but even then, one sometimes can't help but get a crush on a someone. Love is such a blessing, but no one ever talks about its curses. In the end it's about finding the right person, the right relationship, and the right situation where the curses it comes with are well worth the blessings. Otherwise to me it's a pretty dead way to live life, stable as it may be.

2 comments:

Lotuspetal7 said...

hi Elisa, it's Bonnie! Wow, you went to Germany on a Fulbright? That sounds wonderful! I guess we last talked about two years ago right? must have been right before you applied for that.

I am still living in Japan and loving it, plan to go back home for grad school after a few years but not till the undergrad loans are paid off, and plus i don't know how I will tear myself away from my adopted country so I'll put it off as long as possible.

I thought I'd comment on your most recent post so you'd be sure to see it, but I really like your post below... "I have therefore inherited every act of beauty or hideousness committed because I am human and because this is what I was handed upon my birth." Something people don't seem to think about often but I have wondered why.

Adelyn said...

well said. <3 A