Saturday, January 3, 2009

Zurückfliegen / Flying back

I realized today that I'm leaving tomorrow. It's incredible how quickly my break has gone by. I'm kicking myself first of all for miscalculating my allowed 14-day stay (I'll actually be here for only 13) while also realizing that it's really 1 month that I'm allowed to be away from Europe.

In any case, it has been a wonderful and relaxing break, in spite of its brevity. I had a chance to catch up with both high school & college friends, do a bit of shopping, spend some time with family, and in general wind down a bit before beginning work again on Thursday. I miss my schooldays when breaks were frequent - it felt like every 3 months or so was a mini-vacation. And upon arriving in HD again, it won't be another 7 or 8 months before I see my family again, which although isn't dreadfully long comparatively speaking, is still the longest I'll have ever gone not seeing one or both of my parents. Makes me feel as though my umbilical cord still hasn't been fully cut yet. =) In any case, I'm excited to continue working in lab & traveling around a bit in the new year.

No comments: