Friday, October 3, 2008
Chor / Choir
To my own surprise (perhaps not to anyone else's), I decided to join a chorus yesterday. I was told to show up to the rehearsal half an hour early, which I did, only to find out that this was to be an audition. I believe I then tried to explain to the director that I've never sung before, never had lessons, etc. But of course, warm and welcoming as he was, he gave me a sheet of music anyway, and the other newbie and I were to sing cold on the spot. =) Somehow I managed to get through this song (which was also in another key, and I had to explain that I don't know how to transpose, so we went back to the original key) and was told I could stay. Granted I can't sing a single note higher than an F# or G, so was interesting and will continue to be interesting trying to fake my way through rehearsals. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment