Sunny's wedding was the first of which I attended as a guest/bridesmaid and not as a musician, and it sure was an honor to be able to do so for one's closest friend. It was also a delight to see my beautiful blockmates (T5!!!!!) and to run into so many old friends & acquaintances. The sprinkles on top was the chance to do some desperately-needed shopping, a task I took up with great zeal on Sunday afternoon 2 hours before my flight. =)
I landed Wednesday night and managed to crawl my way by T and foot to Currier House only to be hit by the diligence of cake-making and, of course, the bachelorette party. This was one of the best nights I've enjoyed with friends, not in the least helped along by some delicious pina colada and skittles vodka... fortunately few photos were taken to document this rather egregious but sadly short-lived event. Thursday was spent recovering from said event as well as continued efforts in wedding preparations.
After finishing the cake on Thursday night, Friday's highlight was the rehearsal dinner. The coordinator at the church was astonishingly controlling and refused to give Sunny any say in how her own wedding would run. Dinner itself was at Upstairs on the Square, one of my favorite dining locales in Cambridge.
Saturday was the wedding itself, and while stressful in terms of getting ready (including a late appearance at the church.. oops!), the ceremony couldn't have been more beautiful & elegant. The father gave an excellent speech, and everyone looked stunning. No one looked composed though, except surprisingly the parents. I was doing everything in my power to keep from crying as I watched Sunny walk down the aisle with her parents. Below is a lovely shot of the beautiful bride:
The reception to follow really rounded out a beautiful wedding week. I had a chance to see many familiar faces and to catch up with my closest friends from college. It was also a joy meeting Sunny's high school friends, and I can't think of anything else in recent member that was indeed such a "Hochzeit." All the best to Sunny and Eric. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment