I moved into my new room in Heidelberg about 2 hours ago and have found myself an internet cafe - the reason being that there is yet again no internet in my residence. I'm hoping the situation will better itself with time, as it's a Europahaus in which German students are selected to take care of their international fellow residents. The only thing is, I've only seen 2 souls, both of whom seemed pretty shy. There isn't a single common space in the building, and I have a room entirely to myself, which suggests to me it'll be extremely difficult to mingle. To top things off, the building is quite ugly and has a trash area as the 'courtyard', haha. Sorry for what seems to be more a stream of complaints than news, but I'm feeling quite uneasy about my stay here and am wondering now if I can move to a different location.
On the bright side, I will be spending the evening with my new host family, so hopefully this will be a better experience. I'll be staying with a family in Neckargemünd, which is about 20 minutes away by bus. They have 3 teenage children, and they seem to be American, although I'm not entirely sure. More on this later.. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment